Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Art Post

If there's one thing that helps me get through a rough time, it's being able to do art. It really helps me get my emotions out for the world to see in a way that makes me happy and it makes me feel accomplished.

It's really hard for me to find time when I'm comfortable to do art and where I have to time to finish what I start.

Art is one of those things that you can't rush. It doesn't matter what it is, you can't rush it, or it will turn out shitty.

I make sure to keep my sketchbook as close to me as humanly possible in case I see something super cool or something that is just begging to be drawn.

Sometimes, if I'm having a super bad day I will journal my problems out and then scribble over it and draw on it and it will help me feel much better.

Other times, it just helps to give me a blank piece of paper, some pencils, maybe a bit of charcoal and just to set me loose.

I've been working on this one for my AP submission since last week and I'm finally starting to really pull it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment